Re-read appeal application
A re-read appeal is when a student questions their grade or the assessment of their performance on a piece of work or a program component and alleges error in the academic assessment of their work on the part of an instructor or a committee.
In order to qualify for a re-read, the piece of work or program component must be worth 10% or more of the final course grade. The results of which are final and cannot be appealed.
How to submit your application
- Review the details regarding a re-read appeal on the McMaster Secretariat website.
- Download the re-read application (Form A) from the Secretariat website.
- Complete the application and save it to your computer.
- Pay the $50 re-read appeal fee via online banking to your McMaster student account. Your account will be charged accordingly.
- Submit an ‘Appeal a Grade’ Service Request in Mosaic and provide your online banking confirmation number in the comments.
- Attach the completed form to your Service Request.
- Your Faculty Office will follow up with you to let you know about the results of the re-read appeal.
- If your grade is successfully increased, the $50 fee is refunded to your student account.
Important Dates & Deadlines
Wednesday, April 14 – Classes end Thursday, April 15 to Friday, April 30 – Final exams Tuesday, April 6 at...
Student Services joined Student Wellness Centre Counsellor, Aklima Sarkar, for our Let’s Chat event on March 19 at 10:30 a.m....
Student email is migrating to the Microsoft 365 environment starting in May 2021. Updates, information, support and training about the...
McMaster University is partnered with Moneris to provide students with an online credit card fee payment option. The credit card...
McMaster provides tuition-free access for eligible current and former foster kids. More information can be found here.