How to submit forms and documents to us
Follow the steps below to securely submit forms, requests and supporting documentation for review and assessment.
Document upload for Aid & Awards
1. Combine all your documents as one pdf. Only pdf documents with a file size of less than 2MB are acceptable (No jpeg documents will be accepted).
How to Combine PDFs:
- Software that is capable of combining PDFs
- Alternatively, you can scan all of the documents together to create one PDF. Files uploaded individually will be deleted.
2. Save the pdf. Name the file using this format:
- LAST NAME_first name_(OSAP Account #)
3. Navigate to the correct online upload link. Please note: there are different upload links depending on the type of documentation you are submitting.
4. Select ‘Add Files’, and then browse for your PDF.
5. Select the file and click OK. Successful upload have an ‘uploaded’ notification displayed on screen. Once uploaded, files can only be viewed by our Aid & Awards team.
6. Please upload your documents once. If you need to make changes or corrections to your submitted file, add “_updated” to the end of your new file name.
7. Monitor the status of your aid applications by going to ‘View Financial Aid Applications’ in the Mosaic Student Center.
Please submit your documents to the appropriate MacDrive link:
McMaster encourages award recipients to take the time to express appreciation to your award donor(s), by writing a personal thank you letter. Your letter is important – the individuals and organizations who fund student awards truly appreciate hearing about your accomplishments, goals, and plans for the future.
Use the following template should be used to structure your thank you letter:
Save the pdf to your computer, and then edit it using your preferred pdf editor (Adobe, Preview, etc).
Please note that inserting a photo into your letter is optional. If you do not want to include a photo, leave the photo box on the upper right blank.
Uploading your letter
How to upload your letter to AwardSpring (awards by application):
- Once you have been awarded a scholarship, log in to AwardSpring and access your Dashboard.
- Under the items requiring completion, find your award and click “Complete follow up.” If your award requires a thank you letter, you’ll be asked to submit one.
- Write your thank you letter using our downloadable template.
- Click “Upload File” to upload your letter.
- Once uploaded, select “Submit Follow-up” and you’ll be re-directed to your Dashboard.
How to upload your letter to MacDrive (all other awards):
McMaster’s Virtual drop box, MacDrive, allows you to easily and securely submit documents like your donor thank you letter.
- Write your thank you letter using the downloadable template above.
- Save your PDF as Firstname_Lastname_awardname.pdf
- Select ‘Add Files’, and then browse for your document
- Select the file and click OK. A successful upload has an ‘uploaded’ notification displayed on the screen.
- Please do not upload photos of your letter
- Only upload your document once
- Need confirmation the upload was successful? You can email email@example.com.
By submitting your thank you letter you are authorizing your student information, your photo, as well as any quotes taken from your thank you letter to be used in future stewardship materials and university communications such as McMaster newsletters. You are acknowledging that your letter may be edited before delivery to a donor, and you are releasing McMaster from any responsibility regarding how a donor may choose to use or publish your letter. If you choose to include your address, phone number and/or e-mail address you should be aware that the university will have no control over the donor’s use of this information.