Learn about updates on our service. Thank you for your patience.
If you are ineligible to continue at the University (i.e. your result of session on your last academic review was “May Not Continue at University” or “Required to Withdraw”) and you wish to apply for reinstatement, you must submit a Reinstatement Request Form to Gilmour Hall 108 by the appropriate deadline.
You must consult your faculty’s website for specific guidelines regarding the requirements for reinstatement. You may be asked to include some of the following information:
- a summary of the relevant circumstances surrounding your academic situation during the last session attended
- reasons for reinstatement at this time
- reasons for selection of courses/program indicated
- activities since last registered at the university, including all academic work
Reinstatement is not guaranteed. If you have questions or concerns regarding reinstatement, please contact the faculty office associated with your program(s) of interest.
Submitting a reinstatement application
- Complete the reinstatement application form.
- Upload the completed reinstatement application form to the secure folder on MacDrive.
- Pay the $100 reinstatement application fee to your McMaster student account. Your account will be charged accordingly.
- Your Faculty Office will follow up with the results of your request for reinstatement.
|Fall/Winter Session September Entry||June 30|
|Spring/Summer Session – May Entry||April 1|
|Spring/Summer Session – June Entry||May 15|
|School of Nursing||Feb. 15|
Please note: the Faculty of Science does not consider requests for reinstatement for the Spring/Summer session.
Important Dates & Deadlines
During these unprecedented times, we have had to make some adjustments to the ways you can get in contact with...
The new school year is fast approaching, and it’s time to start thinking about your financial options. The Ontario Student...
With the world changing rapidly around us, McMaster recognizes the uncertainty that many students are facing. In response, the university...
McMaster is committed to providing every incoming McMaster student with proactive and personalized support. Archway is a new support team...
Is your personal information up-to-date? Log in to Mosaic to make sure we have your current address, emergency contact information...