If you are ineligible to continue at the University (i.e. your result of session on your last academic review was “May Not Continue at University” or “Required to Withdraw”) and you wish to apply for reinstatement, you must submit a Reinstatement Request Form by the appropriate deadline.
Consult your faculty’s website for specific guidelines regarding the requirements for reinstatement. You may be asked to include some of the following information:
- a summary of the relevant circumstances surrounding your academic situation during the last session attended
- reasons for reinstatement at this time
- reasons for selection of courses/program indicated
- activities since last registered at the university, including all academic work
Reinstatement is not guaranteed. If you have questions or concerns regarding reinstatement, please contact the faculty office associated with your program(s) of interest.
Submitting a reinstatement application
- Complete the reinstatement application form.
- Upload the completed reinstatement application form and any supporting documents to the secure folder on MacDrive. Save your file name as last name, first name and student ID #.
- Pay the $100 non-refundable reinstatement application fee to your McMaster student account. Your account will be charged accordingly.
- Your Faculty Office will follow up with the results of your request for reinstatement.
|Fall/Winter Session September Entry||June 30|
|Spring/Summer Session – May Entry||April 1|
|Spring/Summer Session – June Entry||May 15|
|School of Nursing||Feb. 15|
Please note: the Faculty of Science does not consider requests for reinstatement for the Spring/Summer session.
Important Dates & Deadlines
McMaster students, we want your feedback. The new census survey, launched on February 3, 2021 will help McMaster identify, and...
McMaster University is partnered with Moneris to provide students with an online credit card fee payment option. The credit card...
McMaster provides tuition-free access for eligible current and former foster kids. For more information please contact Sashaina Singh.
Meet MAC, the new chatbot for the Registrar’s Office! MAC is here to help answer your Student Services questions about...
February bulletin from the Registrar’s Office February 1 – Personal deferred exam schedules for fall term posted in Mosaic February...