The Registrar’s Office protects the personal information of our students and alumni. For that reason, degree and educational verifications are not provided by email to third party organizations and institutions. Below you will find options for verifying student data and more information about our best practices.
Official paper or e-transcript
The best way to confirm enrolment or degree completion is with a transcript. Students and alumni can request an official paper or e-transcript. E-transcripts can be sent directly to a third party via Parchment Ordering Services. The degree awarded is updated on the transcript the day after the convocation ceremony.
Auradata for degree & enrolment verification
McMaster University has partnered with AuraData, Canada’s online education verification system for the purposes of verifying undergraduate and graduate degree completion status of McMaster University graduates for employers, academic institutions and other external parties. For degree verification please visit the AuraData website. Please note: AuraData verifies Doctor of Medicine degrees but does not verify Internships, Residency, or Post Doctoral Fellowships in the field of Medicine. These must be verified through the Michael G. DeGroote School of Medicine. AuraData verification is not available for postgraduate and undergraduate certificates.
Official enrolment verification letters
Current students and alumni can email or print official verification letters directly from their student portal to confirm their student information. The letters are completed by term, display the student’s address (as available) and are signed by the Associate Registrar, Student Services. The degree awarded letter is available the day following the convocation ceremony.
- The letter can be emailed directly from the portal to a third party.
- An address can be inputted on the letter and mailed by the student/alumni by the student.
- The letter can be downloaded as a pdf by the student or alumni.
- Where necessary a student can bring the letter to RO Student Services to be embossed.
Current undergraduate students can check the Mosaic Student Centre > My Academics > View my Advisement Report or contact their Faculty Academic Advisor to determine if they have completed all of their degree requirements before graduation.
Starting in the last two weeks of May, an Approved to Graduate letter will become available to students in the Mosaic Student Centre. This letter can be used while waiting for the degree to be conferred by Senate. The end of term schedule outlines more detail on the dates and deadlines to expect.
- The Registrar’s Office encourages law firms to verify student data using Auradata.
- As an alternative, law firms can submit a request via email.
- The University keeps electronic student records and does not take class attendance.
- A transcript will be provided to demonstrate course enrolment, academic accomplishment and degree awarded status.
- The student’s consent declaration must be included with your request for processing to be completed.
- The firm will be invoiced for a fee of $100.
Verification forms for completion
- Third party organizations can submit a form for completion via email.
- Completed forms will be returned via MacDrive.
- Please note that student data is not released via email.
- A student/alumni’s consent declaration is required.
- 7-10 day processing time.