McMaster University offers an invigilation (proctor or supervision) service for students writing exams from other universities or institutions. Arrangements can be made individually by the student or through their home university or institution.
Please note the following details:
- exams are scheduled Monday through Friday at 9:00am or 1:00pm.
- exams cannot be scheduled on evenings, weekends or statutory holidays.
- during the December and April examination period at McMaster University, exams can be scheduled during the following times:
- Monday to Saturday
- 9:00am, 12:30pm, 4:00pm or 7:30pm.
- 7:30pm exams must be completed by 10:00pm.
- only written (paper) exams can be accommodated: computers or internet access are not available.
Scheduling an Exam
To schedule an exam at McMaster University, students must contact the Exam Office by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- date exam is to be written
- preferred start time
- course being written
- home institution
Students are responsible for having their exams sent from their home university or institution to the following mailing address:
Office of the Registrar
Examination Office, Gilmour Hall 114
1280 Main Street West
Hamilton, ON CANADA L8S 4L8
Examination Service Fee:
- $100 per exam
- Exams that run longer than 3.25 hours will be subject to additional charges.
Please connect with the Examinations office for assistance:
- 905.525.9140 ext 24453