International Student Enrolment Verification
The Office of the Registrar is committed to providing students the opportunity to receive digital, secure, official, shareable and verified enrolment verification letters that can be securely shared with other universities, employers or third parties. Paper enrolment and financial letters remain available and can be requested through Mosaic. More information about processing times and delivery options is outlined on this page.
All letters include your name, student id number, degree/program name, level and length of program and method and language of instruction. Additional criteria can be added to your letter upon request (McMaster accreditation, extra courses to degree, cGPA, transfer credit upon admission)
- Requests submitted without a completed form are incomplete and will not be processed.
- Certification letters (both email and mail) can be sent to a third party.
- If you are a domestic student and require a certification letter, please use the following link to be directed to the Certification Letter Request Form.
- Transcript requests are completed through Mosaic (physical copies) or our PDF transcript form (electronic transcripts).
- These options are only available if you are an undergraduate student. Graduate students and alumni are asked to contact the School of Graduate Studies at email@example.com
- If you are alumni, you can request access to Mosaic by activating your MacID. A barcode request is required to do so. Please request a barcode on this page.
Types of Certification Letters
- Enrolment details by term
Study Permit / Extension of Study Permit Letter
- Enrolment details by term, pending coursework, expected graduation term
Approved to Graduate / Work Permit Application Letter
- Confirmation that all degree requirements have been met and expected conferral date
Degree Conferred Letter
- Confirmation of graduation, minor and concurrent certificate(s) (if applicable), conferral date
McMaster offers students a signed letter that confirms data from their student record such as term dates, convocation status, enrolment etc. for the purpose of work permits and other applications (educational, government, financial etc.)
Processing time: download from the Mosaic Student Center
McMaster offers students a certified and embossed letter that confirms data from their student record such as term dates, convocation status, enrolment etc. for the purpose of work permits and other applications (educational, government, financial etc.)
Processing Time: 10 business days
Delivery: Allow 2-3 weeks for Canada Post delivery
The official electronic certification letter is securely transmitted to the recipient via the University’s eTranscript vendor, Parchment Inc, and is certified with a digital signature and the Blue Ribbon certification symbol. We are only processing study visa extension letters via email at this time.
Processing Time: 10 business days
Delivery: via an email sent on behalf of McMaster University
Important Dates & Deadlines
Wednesday, April 14 – Classes end Thursday, April 15 to Friday, April 30 – Final exams Tuesday, April 6 at...
Student Services joined Student Wellness Centre Counsellor, Aklima Sarkar, for our Let’s Chat event on March 19 at 10:30 a.m....
Student email is migrating to the Microsoft 365 environment starting in May 2021. Updates, information, support and training about the...
McMaster University is partnered with Moneris to provide students with an online credit card fee payment option. The credit card...
McMaster provides tuition-free access for eligible current and former foster kids. More information can be found here.