In accordance with University policy, official transcripts will not be released to students who have an outstanding account with the University.
- Regular Requests:
Processing times vary depending on the time of year. Please allow 3-5 business days for processing a request for an official transcript. Visit Canada Post for delivery times.
- Rush Requests:
A Rush Service is available. If requested before noon on a business day, the transcript will be available by noon the following business day. Visit Canada Post for delivery times.
- Regular Request – no cost for the regular service production or mailing of official transcripts.
- Rush Request – $15.00 per transcript ordered.
- On Demand Request (in Gilmour Hall room 108)– $20 per transcript ordered.
- Fax – a charge of $5.00 cost per copy (within Canada) and $10.00 per copy (outside Canada).
- Courier – fees vary depending on the destination. Please contact the Registrar’s Office at 905 525-4600 for more information on courier fees.
Please note: The Registrar’s Office is not responsible for transcripts lost or delayed in the mail.
- Transcript Attachments:
Please upload your attachments here. Prior to uploading your attachment, please ensure that you have submitted a transcript request.
Current Students and Recent Alumni
Grade information, unofficial transcripts or official transcripts (by request) are available in Mosaic > Student Centre > My Academics.
- Unofficial transcript: quick and easy access to view and print on demand: My Academics > Unofficial Transcript.
- Official transcripts – may be required for applications to other academic institutions; or if an employer requires a copy. A step by step guide on how to request one can be found here.
- My Academics > Request Official Transcript
- Options include in-person pick-up (Gilmour Hall Room 108) or mail. For rush, courier or fax requests, processing charges apply.
- Processing times vary depending on the time of year. The current processing time is 15 business days.
Alumni and Previous Students (including LOP, Exchange, etc.)
Students who completed their studies and do not have access to Mosaic may use one of the following two request forms to order transcripts:
- Regular request form (currently 3-5 business days processing) – no charge. Visit Canada Post for delivery times.
- Rush request form – if received by 12 noon on a business day, it will be processed by 12 noon the next business day. A $15 charge per transcript applies. Visit Canada Post for delivery times.
Transcripts are free of charge, however, payment for rush service, faxing or courier services can be made by credit card (Visa, MasterCard or American Express) by completing the appropriate section of the transcript form. The cardholder’s signature must be included in the request section.
Requests sent via email will not be accepted. Secure options are noted below:
- Fax to 905.527.1105 or
- Upload your completed form through a McMaster secure link. Please include your student number and last name in the file name (ex. Smith 001234567).
Note: The upload process happens quickly! Check for the word ‘uploaded’ to appear in the bottom right corner of the MacDrive dialogue box: If it’s there, we’ve got your request! Check out the graphic below as an example.
Have Questions? Please Contact Us!