In accordance with University policy, official transcripts will not be released to students who have an outstanding account with the University.
- Processing time:
Processing times vary depending on the time of year. Please allow 5-7 business days for processing a request for an official transcript.
- Rush Requests:
A Rush Service is available. If requested before noon on a business day, the transcript will be available by noon the following business day.
- Regular Service – no cost for the regular service production or mailing of official transcripts.
- Rush Service is $15.00 per transcript ordered.
- Fax – a charge of $5.00 cost per copy (within Canada) and $10.00 per copy (outside Canada) applies.
- Courier – fees vary depending on the destination. Please contact the Registrar’s Office at 905 525-4600 for more information on courier fees.
Please note: The Registrar’s Office is not responsible for transcripts lost or delayed in the mail.
Current Students and Recent Alumni
- Unofficial transcript: quick and easy access to view and print on demand: My Academics – Unofficial Transcript.
- Official transcripts – may be required for applications to other academic institutions; or if an employer requires a copy.
- My Academics – Request Official Transcript
- Options include in-person pick-up (Gilmour Hall Room 108) or mail. For rush, courier or fax requests, processing charges apply.
- Students can request to have their transcript sent with their current grades, after grades are released or upon having a degree conferred.
- Processing times vary depending on the time of year. Please allow 5-7 business days for processing.
Alumni and Previous Students (including LOP, Exchange, etc.)
Students who completed their studies before 2013 may use one of the following two request forms to order transcripts:
- Transcript request (5-7 days processing) – no charge.
- Rush request form – if received by 12 noon one business day, processed by 12 noon next business day. A $15 charge per transcript applies.
Transcripts are free of charge, however, payment for rush service, faxing or courier services can be made by credit card (Visa, Mastercard and or American Express) by completing the appropriate section of the transcript form. The cardholder’s signature must be included in the request section.
Scanning and emailing your request is not recommended. Secure options are noted below:
- Fax to 905.527.1105 or
- Upload your completed form through a McMaster secure link. Please include your student number and last name in the file name (ex. Smith 001234567).
Note: The upload process happens quickly! Check for the word ‘uploaded’ to appear in the bottom right corner of the MacDrive dialogue box: If it’s there, we’ve got your request! Check out the graphic below as an example.
Have Questions? Please Contact Us!