Financial Aid counselling is not available on the afternoon of October 18.
The Mosaic Student System will be unavailable from 12 p.m. Friday, October 18 through 7:59 a.m. Monday, October 21 due to maintenance updates.
The Rhodes Scholarship
The Rhodes Scholarship Program is one of the world’s oldest and most prestigious international scholarship programs. Established in 1903, the Rhodes Trust supports 100 outstanding students from around the world to pursue studies at Oxford University in the United Kingdom. The scholarships are awarded to well-rounded students that have demonstrated academic excellence, a potential to lead and a desire to drive positive global change. As members of this elite network, students are challenged to develop as leaders and tackle global issues.
Rhodes Scholarships are awarded to 11 Canadians, two of which are from Ontario, each Fall. Funding covers tuition, college fees and a stipend for living expenses for two to three years of study at Oxford University.
Notable Rhodes Scholars include former U.S. President Bill Clinton and former Ontario Premier, Bob Rae.
In 2016, McMaster Arts and Science student, Matthew Jordan, was named a Rhodes Scholar. He spent the next two years at Oxford University obtaining a MSc in Psychological Research and a MSc in the History of Science, Medicine, and Technology. Read more abut Matthew Jordan and the Rhodes Scholarship below.
Rhodes Scholars are chosen based on broad selection criteria, including: outstanding intellect, character, leadership and commitment to service.
Does this sound like you? If so, see the application details below
- The application for Institutional Endorsement is available on Mosaic in August of each year
- Students submit their application to Student Services, GH 108 by the mid-September deadline
- An internal committee makes Institutional Endorsement selections in late-September
- Students who receive an Institutional Endorsement will receive an authorization code which will allow them to complete and submit the online Rhodes Scholarship application
- McMaster’s President submits an endorsement letter directly to the Rhodes Trust
Learn more about the Rhodes Scholarship, eligibility criteria and how to apply.