Upcoming dates this term:
- Monday, October 11 to Sunday, October 17 – Mid-term recess.
- Tuesday, October 12 to Friday, October 15 – Deferred exams for spring/summer 2021 courses.
- Friday, November 19 – Last day for withdrawing from courses without failure by default.
- Thursday, December 2 to Wednesday, December 8 – Test and examination restriction.
- Wednesday, December 8 – Classes end.
- Thursday, December 9 to Wednesday, December 22 – Final exams. *Personal exam schedules now available in Mosaic. Select the My Exam Schedule tile and go to December 2021 Final Exams.
Introducing: Student Services Express.
- Student Services Express is open in Gilmour Hall 108 for limited in-person services including, diploma pick-up, student card pick-up and general inquiries.
- The office is open from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Monday through Thursday in October.
Don’t wait in line, go online!
- In addition to our express options, we continue to provide self-serve options where you are able to get most of your services done online.
- Self-serve options include: ordering transcripts, paying fees, submitting RESP & CPP forms, requesting diplomas, downloading enrolment letters and uploading OSAP documents.
- We continue to offer our website’s MAC chatbot service 24/7 and live chat hours of Monday to Thursday, 10 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- We recognize that some cases are more complex so we are pleased to offer in-person appointments. Video appointments also continue to be available. Both services can be booked through our online chat.
Have you completed MacCheck yet? Upload your proof of vaccination to the tool by October 17.
- If you’re going to campus use MacCheck to complete the daily COVID-19 screening. Once you get a green check, you’re cleared to attend campus.
- Don’t forget to follow along through the Back to Mac website this fall as updates are posted regularly. The website includes FAQs and information around new campus policies and what to expect with your classes.
Payment Plan Instalments
- If you enrolled in the fall term payment plan last month, your next payment instalment coming up on October 25.
- Your payment plan will be considered defaulted if payment isn’t received by any of the designated monthly due dates.
- If a payment is missed, your plan and student account will be subject to regularly scheduled monthly interest and late fees.
- If you’ve missed the payment deadline, a once per term late charge of $75 would have been applied to your account on the last day of the month.
- A monthly interest rate of 1.2% (compounded to 14.4% annually) is charged to your unpaid balance on the second-to-last business day of each month.
- This began in September and continues until full payment is received.
- Don’t panic! You can still pay your fees even though the deadline has passed. We encourage you to pay as soon as possible to avoid further charges and having a service block added to your account (which prevents things like enrolment).
- If your financial situation has changed or you have no money for food or rent, we may be able to help with emergency financial support.
- Protect your account with multi-factor authentication. It adds an extra layer of security for your account.
Timetable to Outlook
- Use the Timetable to Outlook tool in Mosaic to sync your current class schedule into your new Outlook Calendar. Find the tile on your Mosaic homepage and follow the steps it takes you through to use this updated feature
- It’s official! All McMaster students have access to Outlook email as part of their Microsoft 365 account. For more info and resources, visit McMaster’s Office 365 Hub.
- If you are having difficulty accessing email or any Microsoft 365 apps, contact UTS.
- There have been a lot of changes this past year. It’s important to make sure your personal information is still correct in Mosaic. Log in to Mosaic and click on the “Tasks” tile to verify your info now.
- Please make sure your emergency contact info is also up to date in Mosaic. This information allows us to assist you in case of an emergency.
- You can confirm your enrolment through the Mosaic Student Center, My Academics, Enrolment/Financial Letters. Enrolment verification is only available after you have enrolled in your classes
- Need a form completed or signed by our office? Please create a Service Request through Mosaic and upload your form.
- You can request a certified and secure official e-transcript or e-letter via Parchment. A $3 fee applies and the transcript or letter is delivered via email directly to a third party, such as a university.
- The official deadline for fall term only OSAP applications is October 23. Apply now!
- OSAP’s supporting document deadline is November 12.
Have you visited AwardSpring yet?
- Check the new Aid & Awards platform regularly to see what’s new and when application deadlines are coming up. Access AwardSpring through the tile on Mosaic and be sure to complete your common application to be matched with your aid & awards opportunities.
The Drs. Jolie Ringash & Glen Bandiera Renaissance Award opens on October 10.
- Check your AwardSpring Dashboard to see if you’re eligible!
Do you have INCOMPLETE follow-up items on your AwardSpring dashboard?
Your application for any scholarship, bursary or work program is incomplete until your dashboard follow-ups are complete.
- Complete it today so you do not miss on an opportunity!
- Academic advising: Have questions about your courses? Reach out to an academic advisor in your Faculty for help.
- Academic skills support: From academic coaching to writing tips and tricks, Student Success Centre has a great list of resources available.
- Accessbility support: Student Accessibility Services (SAS) provides academic accommodation assistance and related supports to students with disabilities.
- McMaster Office for the Development of English Language Learners (MODEL): MODEL is a free service for all McMaster designed to help McMaster students who may be struggling with the English language. MODEL offers English-language training, workshops and support, developed by certified ESL and EAP experts.
- Technical support: University Technology Services’ (UTS) has a list of tech resources and a live chat feature that connects you with UTS Service Desk Analysts, providing real-time support.
- Wellness support: The Student Wellness Centre offers a variety of programs and counselling services.