In-person transcript requests are only available on business days after 10 a.m.
January, 06, 2020 12:00 PM
Mark your calendar: important dates
|Jan. 1 – Scholarship applications open|
|Jan. 6 – Winter term begins|
|Jan. 10 – Bursary application deadline|
|Jan. 14 – Last day for enrolment and course changes (drop/add)|
|Jan. 25 – All fees due|
|Feb. 17 to 23 – Reading Week|
|Feb. 28 – Fall/winter Work Program applications close|
|Feb. 28 – Deadline to apply for full-time winter term OSAP|
|Mar. 1 – Deadline to apply for full-time winter term OSAP (co-op students)|
NEW! Student Services
- The RO’s new Student Services office is now open!
- Visit us in GH 108 for all of your student service needs, including enrolment, scholarships, exams, tuition, OSAP, grades, convocation, bursaries & more!
- We’re running extended hours from Jan. 6 to 17. Visit us in GH 108 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Tuesdays.
Aid & Awards
- Scholarship applications are now open! Access applications by going to “Apply for Financial Aid” in Mosaic.
- Jan. 10 is the last day to apply for a bursary. Bursaries are paid out in February. Here’s how to apply if you haven’t already.
- Have you received OSAP previously but didn’t apply this term? If you’re still a full-time student, apply for interest-free status to avoid charges on your loan.
- Looking for a job? Apply for full- or part-time positions through McMaster’s Work Program. Applications for fall/winter close Feb. 28 and open for summer Mar. 1.
Graduating this spring? Nominate your valedictorian!
- Do you know someone with great leadership and communication skills? Someone with exceptional personal achievements and community outreach?
- Valedictorian nominations open for spring convocation on Jan. 13.
- Applications close Feb. 24 at 4 p.m.
University weather closures
- Winter is here! Time to brush up on McMaster’s Storm Emergency Policy.
- The University formally announces a closure when severe weather poses a danger to students, staff and faculty.
- If there is no specific closure announcement, the university remains open. Every effort is made to confirm a closing by 5:30 a.m.
- You can find closure information via theDaily News, Safety App or McMaster’s Facebook and Twitter accounts.
- Read full policy (PDF)
Start fresh this semester
- Join Student Services for “Fresh Start.” Enjoy hot beverages and light snacks to kick off the new term on Jan. 15 from 8:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. in GH 108.
Free on-demand transcripts
- In an effort to reduce our paper usage and provide instant services to you, we’re offering free on-demand transcripts in GH 108 after 10 a.m. on business days.
- Transcript pick-up requests can only be made in-person.
- Learn more about transcripts
Create a healthier campus
- Do you have an idea to improve the health and well-being of students, staff and faculty?
- Apply for up to $5,000 in funding to bring it to life.
- Applications run from Jan. 1 to Feb. 29.
- Academic advising – Talk to an advisor in your Faculty about your program or course requirements.
- Academic support – The Student Success Centre has workshops to support you during final assignments and exams.
- Exchange program – Interested in studying abroad? Jan. 22 is the deadline for applications. Join the info session Jan. 4.
- Student Success Coaching for International Students – Have questions? Meet with a coach in GH 110 on Wednesday afternoons (drop-in) and by appointment on OSCARplus.
- Writing support – Meet with a trained writing advisor to get support and address your academic writing questions.
Upcoming workshops & events
- January is Goals Month
- Connect 4: Life Edition (Life after Mac) – Jan. 4
- International Student Socials – Jan. 15 to 31
- Late Night Study Session – Feb. 27
- Student Services Fair – Jan. 17
- Summer Job Peer Panel – Jan. 29
- Learn more on SSC’s website