The chat will be closed in the afternoon of Thursday, August 20 for staff development and will re-open on Friday, August 21 from 10:30-12:30.
Having trouble getting through to us? We are currently experiencing high chat volumes. If the chat does not appear during operating hours, we are at capacity. Please try again later. Thank you for your patience.
RESP confirmation is only available once you are fully enrolled.
Honorary Degree Recipients
This year’s Honorary Degree Recipients include eleven of the best and brightest in their respective fields, including Nobel Prize winner Donna Strickland.
The recipients are as follows:
- Brenda Flaherty, Health Sciences – Nursing, 2:30 pm, May 22
- Fergus Shanahan, Health Sciences, 2:30 pm, May 23
- Thomas Beckett, Humanities, Arts & Science program, 2:30 pm, June 10
- Teresa Cascioli, DeGroote School of Business, 9:30 am, June 11
- Paul Desmarais Jr. and Hélène Desmarais, DeGroote School of Business, 2:30 pm, June 11
- James O’Reilly, Social Sciences, 9:30 am, June 12
- Michael Dear, Social Sciences, 2:30 pm, June 12
- Jennifer Bennett, Science, 9:30 am, June 13
- Michael Mann, Science, 2:30 pm, June 13
- Michel Rappaz, Engineering, 9:30 am, June 14
- Donna Strickland, Engineering, 2:30 pm, June 14
Each of the recipients will receive their honorary doctoral degrees in the spring convocation ceremonies.