This year’s Honorary Degree Recipients include eleven of the best and brightest in their respective fields, including Nobel Prize winner Donna Strickland.
The recipients are as follows:
- Brenda Flaherty, Health Sciences – Nursing, 2:30 pm, May 22
- Fergus Shanahan, Health Sciences, 2:30 pm, May 23
- Thomas Beckett, Humanities, Arts & Science program, 2:30 pm, June 10
- Teresa Cascioli, DeGroote School of Business, 9:30 am, June 11
- Paul Desmarais Jr. and Hélène Desmarais, DeGroote School of Business, 2:30 pm, June 11
- James O’Reilly, Social Sciences, 9:30 am, June 12
- Michael Dear, Social Sciences, 2:30 pm, June 12
- Jennifer Bennett, Science, 9:30 am, June 13
- Michael Mann, Science, 2:30 pm, June 13
- Michel Rappaz, Engineering, 9:30 am, June 14
- Donna Strickland, Engineering, 2:30 pm, June 14
Each of the recipients will receive their honorary doctoral degrees in the spring convocation ceremonies.