Student Services will be open from 8:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. December 6 to 19.
Welcome back, Marauders (or welcome to those of you new this year)! We’re here with everything you need to succeed this term.
Mark your calendar: important dates
- Sept. 11, 2019 – last day for enrolment and course changes (drop/add)
- Sept. 25, 2019 – NEW fall fee deadline
- Monday, Oct. 14 to Sunday, Oct. 20, 2019 – Fall Reading Week
- Nov. 8 – last day for withdrawing from
courses without failure by default
- More on this year’s sessional dates
- NEW: Financial Aid and Registrar Services are now together in one space! Check out our newly renovated front-line services in GH 108
- In an effort to reduce our paper usage and provide instant services to you, we now offer free on-demand transcripts in GH 108 after 10 a.m. on business days
- Need to confirm your enrolment for your RESP plan? Request an RESP enrolment verification letter
Aid & Awards
- It’s not too late to apply for OSAP! We are currently working on OSAP confirmation of enrolment for fall term
- Online aid applications are now open; complete your personal profile on Mosaic to apply for work programs and bursaries
- Scholarship applications open Jan. 1, 2020
- Congratulations to the 2019 Schulich Leaders!
- Undergrad Writing Centre – improve your writing techniques! Book your appointment or attend a drop-in session
- Undergrad Peer Tutoring Network – affordable and accessible course-specific tutoring available
- Career Access Professional Services – services for students who identify as a member of an equity-seeking group or have barriers to employment
- McMaster Exchange Program – learn about studying abroad with info sessions starting this November
- Academic advising – your Faculty is here to help! Talk to an advisor about your academics
Make the world your classroom for a year
- The McCall MacBain International Fellowship is valued at up to $23,500 and gives you the unique opportunity to learn a new language, build lasting ties with local communities and gain valuable work experience in a different cultural context
Staying safe on campus
- McMaster Security Services has launched a new safety app for Android and iPhone users
- It provides safety alerts, emergency contact info, a new “Friend Walk” feature and more!
Fall into reading week with the Student Success Centre
- Job Shadow Program – gain experience in an industry that interests you during reading week
Save the date: upcoming fairs
- Community Engagement and Volunteer Fair – Tuesday, Sept. 17, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., MUSC
- Fall Career Fair – Thursday, Sept. 19, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Sport Hall
- Fall Career Fair Access Hour 2019: Mobilizing your Diversity – Thursday, Sept. 19, CIBC Hall
- McMaster Exchange Fair – Nov. 19, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., MUSC
New health and well-being website
- McMaster joined the growing list of health-promoting schools in 2017 after signing the Okanagan Charter, dedicated to advancing student, faculty and staff health and well-being
- McMaster’s Okanagan Committee has launched a brand new, interactive website, where you can find all of the campus health and well-being resources all in one place!
A little about the Registrar’s Office
We’re the ones who selected you for admission, print your student cards, make sure your class schedules are conflict-free, manage all of your exams, help you with OSAP and scholarships, securely keep track of your student record and organize convocation, when you’ll receive your diploma.