Introducing: Student Services Express
Student Services Express is now open in Gilmour Hall 108 for the limited in-person services of diploma pick-up, student card replacement pick-up and international student card pick-up (for those not living in residence). The office is open from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Monday through Friday in September.
Don’t wait in line, go online!
In addition to our new express options, we continue to provide self-serve options where you are able to get most of your services done online. Self-serve options include: ordering transcripts, paying fees, submitting RESP & CPP forms, requesting diplomas, downloading enrolment letters and uploading OSAP documents.
We continue to offer our website’s MAC chatbot service 24/7 and live chat with extended hours in September (Monday to Thursday, 10 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Friday, 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.).
We recognize that some cases are more complex so we are pleased to offer in-person appointments starting September 20. Video appointments also continue to be available. Both services can be booked through our online chat.
Interested in winning some prizes?
Stay tuned to our Instagram stories for our Back to Mac contests, happening throughout the upcoming weeks! Follow us on Instagram for more details.
Don’t forget to continue to follow along through the Back to Mac website this fall as updates on the return to campus are posted for the upcoming term. The website includes FAQs and information around new campus policies, what to expect with your classes and more!
- The payment plan option is back for the coming academic year!
- The fall payment deadline is September 25 but you can choose to pay your fees in equal amounts over the four months of each term.
- There is a one-time deferral fee of $80 for students choosing this option each term. You can only enrol in the fall term payment plan option from September 16 to 25.
- Access your student account balance now through Mosaic to find out your total.
- Password resets for student MacID accounts have begun, as part of scheduled McMaster IT Security activities.
- If you haven’t reset your MacID password yet, you will need to do so over the next few weeks.
- For McMaster IT assistance, visit the University Technology Services (UTS) website to access their chat, self-service and other contact options.
Reminder: McMaster’s Student Email Migration is in progress. After you are migrated, you will only receive email in your Microsoft 365 Outlook inbox. If you are not receiving emails in your McMaster student email account, contact UTS.
For McMaster IT assistance, visit the University Technology Services (UTS) website to access their chat, self-service and other contact options.
There have been a lot of changes this past year. It’s important to make sure your personal information is still correct in Mosaic. Log in to Mosaic and click on the “Tasks” tile to verify your info now.
- Do you need to confirm your enrolment for your RESP plan? You can do so through the Mosaic Student Center, My Academics, Enrolment/Financial Letters.
- Enrolment verification is only available after you have enrolled in your classes.
- Need a form completed/signed by our office? Please create a Service Request through Mosaic and upload your form. Note: Canada Pension Plan (CPP) forms are not accepted until September 8.
- You can request a certified and secure official e-transcript or e-letter via Parchment. A $3 fee applies and the transcript or letter is delivered via email directly to a third party, such as a university.
All international undergraduate students are required to sign up for the iCent app and follow the COVID-19 readiness plan guidelines.
Signing up for the app ensures that we have the proper information to support you as you transition to life at McMaster, including travel and quarantine. With the app, you’ll get instant updates as new information becomes available.
International Student Services (ISS)
Get information on immigration, study permits and resources available for international students on the International Student Services website.
McMaster Office for the Development of English Language Learners (MODEL)
MODEL is a free service for all McMaster students whose first language is not English. Targeted areas for language practice include: Reading, writing, speaking, listening, academic, professional, and social skills. The services offered are: Workshops, one-on-one consultations, special events, language assessments, student advisor.
Services are available virtually during pandemic restrictions, during the day and in some evening time slots.
- Register for workshops on OSCARplus and book one-on-one consultations through the MODEL website.
- For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org, visit the website and follow @modelmcmaster on Instagram.
- Need a new student card? You can request a replacement student card through a Mosaic Service Request if your card is lost or damaged. A $30 fee applies, which is charged to your student account.
- Don’t forget to indicate in the text box on the Service Request if you want to pick up your new student card on campus. Otherwise, your student card will be delivered via Canada Post.
- Academic advising: have questions about your courses? Reach out to an academic advisor in your Faculty for help.
- Academic skills support: from academic coaching to writing tips and tricks, Student Success Centre has a great list of resources available.
- Accessibility support: Student Accessibility Services (SAS) provides academic accommodation assistance and related supports to students with disabilities.
- Technical support: University Technology Services’ (UTS) has a list of tech resources and a live chat feature that connects you with UTS Service Desk Analysts, providing real-time support.
- Wellness support: The Student Wellness Centre offers a variety of programs and counselling services.