Convocation is a wonderful opportunity to celebrate your achievements. Having family or friends attend Convocation as your guests is a great way of sharing your exciting day!
Please note: Seating in the FirstOntario Concert Hall (formerly Hamilton Place) is limited, therefore guest tickets available to each graduand are limited.
- Health Sciences Convocation – tickets are not required for this ceremony. Although the GIC requires you to complete the ticket request portion. Tickets will not be provided for this ceremony.
- Students may request tickets through the Graduation Information Centre (GIC) online form. After the GIC deadline has passed, and attendance numbers are confirmed, the number of tickets allocated to each graduand will be determined.
- Although the GIC remains open for students to indicate their attendance at Convocation, those applying after the deadline will receive a limited number of tickets.
Deadline to complete the online Graduate Information Centre form:
- Health Science students (excluding Nursing): 9 am May 5th.
- Non-Health Sciences students (including Nursing): 9 am May 26th.
To ensure you receive tickets by mail, it is advisable to register well before the deadline.
- Graduands are not required to have a ticket to attend their convocation ceremony.
- Doors open at 8 am for the 9:30 am ceremony and 1 pm for the 2:30 pm ceremony.
- Tickets expire 30 minutes before the ceremony: Guests (with or without tickets) will be admitted as space permits before the start of the ceremony.
- Guest tickets will be mailed to Ontario mailing addresses the week before convocation.
- Tickets for out-of-province addresses may be picked up at the main information desk at FirstOntario Concert Hall (formerly Hamilton Place) on the day of your ceremony.
- Health Sciences Convocation – tickets are not required. Although the GIC requires you to complete the ticket request portion, tickets are not mailed for this ceremony.