1. What is MUGSI / SOLAR?
MUGSI (McMaster University Gateway to Student Information) provides individual student information and access to SOLAR. MUGSI help
SOLAR is McMaster's Student On-Line Academic
Registration system. Students MUST use SOLAR to select courses and submit their Payment Agreement. SOLAR hours of Operation and Availability.
You can connect to MUGSI / SOLAR at: mugsi.mcmaster.ca.
MUGSI & SOLAR REGISTRATION Features:
||My Student Accounts & Cashiers
/ SOLAR / Registration - Course Selection:
- Get your Personal Registration Dates (7-day limit)
- Register and Select your Courses
/ Program & Course Summary:
- Track your Registration Review Status
- Track your Financial Approval Status
- View your Confirmation Letter Printed (date)
/ Degree Audit:
- Request Degree Audit report to determine outstanding credits required to complete a registered program.
/ Student Account:
- View your financial account
/ Payment Agreement:
- Submit your Payment Agreement
- Revise your Payment Agreement. Your Payment Agreement must be created in SOLAR. You can revise your Payment Agreement in either SOLAR or MUGSI / My Student Account & Cashiers / Payment Agreement.
Other Information available on MUGSI:
| My Academic
|| My Financial Information
|| My Profile
- Course Registration Status
- Personal Examination Schedule (Fall & Winter Only)
- Federal & Provincial Programs
- Work-Study Programs
- Account Activity Statement
- Address & Residence Information
- Computer Services
- Emergency Contact
- Email Address Maintenance
2. Activate MAC ID and Email Service
a. Go to MUGSI: mugsi.mcmaster.ca
i. Required Information (from Offer of Admission Letter):
Bar Code Number
b. Set your MAC ID and Password:
- Select Activate your MAC ID and Email Service from the QUICK LINKS list .
- Enter your student number, barcode number and birth date and follow the process to:
- Choose your own Password and verify it.
- Determine Challenge Questions and Responses. (These can be used in the future to reset a forgotten Password.)
What should I do if I lost my Student Number and Barcode Number?
Contact the Office of the Registrar at 905-525-4600 or in-person at Gilmour Hall – Room 108.
MUGSI Help Options:
- See the Student Consultant in the computing lab
- Contact the UTS Helpline at firstname.lastname@example.org
Need SOLAR Help?
SOLAR Hours of Operation *:
||Monday to Friday: Open daily except from 3:00am to 3:30am.
||Saturday and Sunday open 24 hours daily
* Refer to Important Dates & Deadlines for specific dates when SOLAR will close for specific processing time frames outside of these times listed above.